Arditi S.p.A designs, manufactures and sells components for lighting equipment both at the headquarter at Via Caberardi 3 in Val Brembilla (BG) and around the world, through a network of relations with its subsidiary/associated companies in Albania, China, Egypt, Germany, Belgium, Spain and India.
The Organization’s activity consists in the design, production and sale of:
- lampholders for incandescent lamps;
- lampholders for halogen lamps;
- electric cables, plugs and switches for domestic use;
- wiring for powering lamps with plug and switch;
- drivers, dimmers, controllers and electronic components for LED lamps.
The mission of Arditi S.p.A. is to consolidate its position of reference within the traditional lighting market and to seize the opportunities deriving from new technologies, linked to the use of electronics, both in the decorative and industrial sectors and in the public and street areas. The company wants to achieve these objectives through the competence and passion of all employees, transferring the values of Arditi Family into a high-level Organizational Structure.
The elements that the organization believes can distinguish itself on the reference market are the technical expertise made available to the customer for the development of new projects, the possibility of proposing innovative and eco-sustainable products, the quality of the product and the service offered and the compliance with related regulations.
In accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 standard, the aim of Arditi S.p.A. is the complete satisfaction of the implicit and explicit requirements and expectations of the internal stakeholders (owners, managers, employees) and the external ones (customers, suppliers, contractors, lenders, final consumers, community).
Moreover, through the analysis of risks and opportunities, the Company aims to increase its credibility on the reference market, generating confidence in the ability to supply compliant, innovative, eco-sustainable and competitive products on a regular basis.
Finally, Arditi S.p.A is focused on continuous improvement, with the aim of optimizing company processes to reduce, where possible, waste of resources.
Arditi S.p.A deems it important that its activities and those of external companies with which it collaborates (associates / suppliers / contractors) are carried out respecting the environment, reducing as much as possible its impact, sources of pollution, management of chemical substances, reduction of waste and its proper management. To this end, it commits itself to a constant improvement of its environmental performance, favored by the application of an effective Environmental Management System, according to the requirements of ISO 14001 standard.
The company Arditi S.p.A, in accordance with ISO 50001 standard, during the course of its production activities commits itself with its own SGE to pursue the objective of a rational use of energy and a constant increase in the level of energy efficiency, without prejudicing the production and its quality objectives set out in the Quality Policy, and the environmental sustainability aims set out in the Environmental Policy, to which this Energy Policy is integrated.
The Company Management intends as a management system a process of continuous improvement that starts with the highest priority, from said Company Management, which is committed to providing the necessary human and instrumental resources; in this sense, it approves the formation of a GGE and appoints its own representative who plays the role of RSGE, with appropriate skills and responsibility for implementing, maintaining and continuously improving the SGE.
The Arditi S.p.A Code of Conduct envisages conducting business and managing company processes, both internal and external, according to the principles of honesty, integrity and transparency, respecting the environment, the human rights, the working conditions and the expectations of the interested parties.
The company undertakes to act in compliance with the applicable law, in compliance with the international behavioral standards and with the provisions provided by ISO 26000 standard which inspires IWAY and ICS standards. Therefore, Arditi S.p.A discloses a code of conduct within and outside its organization that promotes the practices explained below.
In compliance with national and international regulations in support of the protection of the psycho-physical development of the child, Arditi S.p.A does not resort to the use of child labor and does not support it. In the event that there is an incorrect presence of children under 16 years old, the Company will take appropriate measures to support and recover the minor involved. The company favors the inclusion of underage students exclusively through school-work alternation courses, respecting the protection and the right to study of the young people.
The Company neither recourses nor endorses any form of forced labor in compliance with ILO29 convention. The staff is free to carry out their work in the terms and in the manner agreed upon according to the reference Collective Labor Agreement (CCNL). In compliance with the Privacy Law, the delivery of identity documents or other forms of deposit or deduction of part of the salary is not required at the beginning of the employment relationship in order to extract work.
Health and safety at work
In compliance with national laws and with what is defined in our Quality Management, Environment and Safety Systems, Arditi S.p.A guarantees a safe and healthy working environment. With particular reference to its Risk Assessment document and internal procedures aimed at preventing potential accidents at work, the Company has implemented all appropriate measures to stem the causes of potential risks.
The Prevention and Protection Service supervises the application of security procedures both during the performance of work activities and in case of emergencies, ensuring the application of management and evacuation procedures. The provision of training programs on health and safety is guaranteed for all Arditi S.p.A personnel as required by Legislative Decree 81/08 and by the State-Regions Agreement of 21st December 2011.
Freedom of association and right to collective bargaining
The Company ensures the right of workers to form, join and organize trade unions without any form of retaliation or discrimination against trade union Representatives; in addition, Arditi S.p.A provides means and spaces for communication with workers in order to guarantee collective bargaining and actively promotes second tier company bargaining.
Arditi S.p.A does not support forms of discrimination based on race, religion, gender identity, marital or maternal status, age, political affiliation, nationality, physical ability, sexual orientation, ethnicity or any other expression of discrimination. These guarantees are ensured throughout the work process from selection of personnel to recruitment, access to training, promotions, dismissal or retirement.
The company guarantees and imposes behavioral rules that ensure behaviors and languages that respect the individual dignity of each person.
Arditi S.p.A forbids any form of harassment, abuse, corporal punishment, threat of violence or other forms of mental or physical coercion and does not resort to public practices of recall or punishment.
Alcohol and drugs
Arditi S.p.A agrees to fight all sorts of addictions. Particularly during the working activity the Company prohibits the intake of alcoholic beverages, drugs or similar substances. Furthermore, according to the principle of prevention and protection of workers’ safety, it warns the employees to avoid the intake of substances even outside the working period, if the consequent effects can persist during the subsequent work performance.
Working hours and remuneration
Arditi S.p.A supports the economic recognition of its human resources in accordance with the regulations governing company concertation, such as national employment contracts, second tier company bargaining and trade union agreements. The Company ensures an extensive application of the principles enshrined in current legislation, id est a more assured extension of the position of workers with regard to working hours, salary levels, holiday regulations, rest breaks and overtime compensations.
The behaviors of Arditi S.p.A are inspired by the refusal of corruption in all its forms. Commercial relations and dealings with the Public Administration are managed on the basis of principles of correctness and transparency by a limited number of company figures.
The Company has identified and implemented measures aimed at preventing corruption and / or illegality within its activities in the Anti-corruption Plan. Arditi S.p.A guarantees adequate training for the persons involved in the Plan.
The commitment that Arditi S.p.A assumed, translates into actions aimed at:
- ensuring that this Policy is conveyed, implemented and supported at all levels of the organization; being actively communicated and signed by its suppliers; being made public and accessible to interested parties;
- defining the organizational structure, resources, documents and internal procedures for the management, implementation and registration of the declared requirements and forecasts;
- involving, making their collaborators aware and responsible in the achievement of company objectives, increasing their skills and stimulating their professional growth;
- complying with laws, directives, regulations in force, concerning safety in the workplace and environmental safety, with particular attention to IWAY specification drawn up by IKEA and ICS reference standard for large-scale retail trade;
- complying with laws, directives, current regulations and contractual documents, with particular attention to European Directive RoHS / WEEE and IOS-PRG-027 specification prepared by IKEA;
- assessing the risks for the safety of its employees in order to prevent the occurrence of accidents and occupational diseases;
- identifying the environmental aspects of their processes in order to limit negative environmental impacts and identifying virtuous behaviours;
- guaranteeing maximum product safety;
- obtaining a level of increasing quality through the prevention of defects, the search for continuous improvement and investment in innovation;
- collaborating with customers and suppliers for the shared development of the business;
- measuring the adequacy of business processes and identifying potential improvement interventions;
- periodically reviewing the Policy and the documentation, taking into account the legislative changes, the changes in the codes of conduct and the results obtained, so that it integrates with the company organization and its Management Systems;
- continuously monitoring company energy consumption, primarily the electrical ones that represent the main carrier, so as to promptly highlight and minimize waste, over-absorption and therefore the need for maintenance;
- increasing efficiency in the performance of the main production lines (thermoplastic, thermosetting, cable production) and compressed air, through the monitoring of specific EnPI that link consumption and production of these four energy-consuming sectors, in terms of energy consumption compared to production indicators evaluating and documenting each year the level of achievement and the related implementation programs;
- evaluating the energy component in the purchase of new machinery and in the procurement of energy sources, preferring the use of renewable sources.